Skip to content

Frequently Asked Questions

We know you have questions. We have answers.

How do I apply for the Strada Financial Literacy Scholarship?

For more details and to apply for the scholarship click here.


How long do I need to retain documents?

View our record retention sheet here.

Can I get copies of prior year tax returns?

Yes! We provide electronic copies of returns we prepared, free of charge. Just email or call our office and we can send it to you.

What’s the difference between an LLC, Sole Proprietor, S-Corporation and a Partnership?

An LLC (Limited Liability Company) is a legal term that may protect members of the LLC from personal liability. It is a separate decision from how you would file your taxes. An LLC may be taxed as a sole proprietor, S-Corporation, C-Corporation, or partnership, depending on the circumstances and the decision/election you make.  Any of our tax professionals can advise you on this important choice.


What is the cost of your services?

We provide a variety of services that vary based on the extent of the services. We however provide free consultations where these fees can be determined. We think you’ll find our pricing is not the lowest cost, nor is it the highest, but hopefully regardless of the cost, the value you get in return far exceeds the cost. Contact us for a free consultation today!

Do you offer Financial Planning?

Absolutely! We provide a holistic approach to financial planning that integrates with tax planning. Check out our Financial Planning page!

I’m changing jobs/retiring, what do I do with my 401(k)?

Congrats on the new transition in your career! There are many options for what to do with your 401(k). Please review our Investment Management or get in touch with one of our certified advisors today.

Where is my refund?

It typically takes a few weeks after you e-file to get your refund. Here are some links you may find helpful in finding out the status of your return:

IRS Website

Oregon Dept. of Revenue

California Dept. of Revenue

I already got my Federal Refund, but haven’t gotten my Oregon refund yet. Why?

Oregon will often choose to manually review your return. This doesn’t mean that your return is being audited, but that it takes longer than electronically reviewing your return. In this case, it can take additional time to receive your refund.

I need to file an extension, what do I do?

If you need to file an extension, contact your advisor at our office and we will help you. (We file extensions electronically and do not need your signature in most cases, but extensions can be complicated. You may need to pay additional tax by the original due date to avoid penalties… contact your advisor for more info.)

What do I do if I get a notice from the IRS/Oregon Dept of Revenue?

Do not hesitate to notify us! Many problems have occurred from individuals not immediately sharing that they have received a notice from the IRS. The sooner we are made aware of a notice, the more effective we can be in working with you and the tax agency to resolve the issue.

Are you taking new clients?

Yes! Our clients range from retirees with multi million-dollar portfolios to young families starting out in life committed to purposeful and intentional planning for the financial future and we seek out people everywhere in-between. Call us today to set up your free consultation (503-667-5355).

How do I get a distribution from my investment account?

The process is quite simple. All you need to do is give us a call and let us know how much you need. We love any chance we get to hear from and touch base with our clients. Depending on the time of day the request is made and the available cash in the account, distributions can be available the next day or within three business days.

Where do I send payment to fund my accounts? Who do I make this check out to?

There are several options for funding accounts. The easiest for established accounts is to link your bank accounts. Once ACH is established you just drop us a line and let us know much you’d like to contribute. If this is the initial deposit into your account or ACH is not set up, checks can be made to National Financial Services or NFS. Please DO NOT make checks payable to Strada Financial Group or any other name or entity.

I already have a financial advisor, is there any real benefit to changing?

We offer full tax preparation services as part of our mission to help people take better control of their financial lives. Typically that involves talking about not only the health of your business but also your personal financial health. Whether it’s paying off debt, planning for retirement, or structuring your business, we believe the key to long-term financial success lies at the intersection of taxes and wealth management, and that most financial decisions, at their core, are tax decisions. When these two disciplines are not integrated maximum results are rarely achieved.

Have a Question?

or give us a call at 503.667.5355

Leaving Site Disclaimer

The information being provided is strictly as a courtesy. When you link to any of the web sites provided here, you are leaving this web site. We make no representation as to the completeness or accuracy of the information provided at these websites. Nor is the company liable for any direct or indirect technical or system issues or any consequences arising out of your access to or your use of third-party technologies, websites, information and programs made available through this website. When you access one of these websites, you are leaving our website and assume total responsibility and risk for your use of the websites you are linking to.